Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Unethical Use

I don't really remember using anything from the internet unethically. I'm sure I've done it, it's just not really something that I did and was like "Oh, I used this unethically" or set out to do. I think current copyright laws are a little too rigid for our current culture. That's not to say that people who publish their things online shouldn't have rights and be protected, but I think it's a little tedious to have to go hunting for sources and permissions for things you find on Google. If I just need a picture of a puppy, it shouldn't take me 3 hours of hunting and requesting and emailing to officially use it. Thankfully, there are a lot of allowances made for students and I haven't really encountered anything that irritating yet. However, I'm sure a lot of people have. Maybe there should be blocks and filters regarding copyright on search sites. That way, if I use a source, I can be sure that I'm not using something that someone copyrighted and didn't want me to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment