Monday, September 5, 2011

Since we're talking about it...#2

Since we're talking about the STD experiments run in the US and Guatemala in the 20th century, I figured I'd go see if that was all that got snuck by us. It's not.

In 1953, a man committed suicide by jumping out of his hotel room window. It was later revealed that his jump was a result of being dosed with LSD by his colleagues. And he wasn't the only one. Right around that time, the CIA and US government thought it would be a good idea to release LSD in aerosol form into the busy New York subway system. The more detailed article can be found here.

Where are we? Where are our heads, why don't we know these things? What makes us such oblivious, easy targets for the very people that are supposed to protect us? We take self-defense classes and every measure possible to keep ourselves from being targets against muggers, murderers and con artists. Maybe we should start taking precautions to protect ourselves from the government too. I'll be on the corner passing out gas masks, tin foil hats and lists of private practice doctors if you need me.

1 comment:

  1. Regarding your last paragraph, I have to agree with you. I feel angered knowing that we're never told the very things from the people who are supposed to be protecting us and our identities. Unfortunately, I guess it's the world in which we live.

    ReplyDelete